All Apple Pay Suica recharge errors happen when iPhone has a poor network connection. If Apple Pay Suica Recharge fails or hangs, don’t panic. Cancel the recharge process by hitting the sleep button, then check to make sure iPhone has a robust network connection, sometimes it helps to toggle Airplane Mode on and off to clear a bad connection. Try recharge again.
One important thing to remember is that even if you see a charge on your bank card, it is only temporary and will not be processed. If recharge still fails Suica App may display one of the following error numbers: 1030/1050/1210/2040. Follow these steps to clear the error:
- Restart iPhone
- Make sure your iPhone has a good network connection
- Make sure you are not in the Mobile Suica maintenance window: 2am~5am Japan Standard Time
- Open Suica App (you do not need a Mobile Suica account for this operation)
- Tap the red explanation point you see on the Suica App card
This will clear most error problems. If it does not clear the problem the next steps are:
- Make sure you are logged into Apple ID and the iPhone Region is set to Japan
- Remove Suica from Wallet.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Tap the plus sign.
- Tap Continue, then tap Suica.
- The Suica card you removed from Wallet should be showing with the balance.
- Add the Suica to Wallet.
- Return iPhone Region to your preferred setting.
In some rare cases you may get this screen when attempting to re-add Suica in Wallet:
This means you made multiple recharge attempts that Mobile Suica needs to clear. Simply wait for the end of the next Mobile Suica maintenance window: 2am~5am Japan Standard Time, then re-add Suica.