Notice: This page covers advanced features of the Japanese language only Suica App. SuicaEng is a a special English version of Suica App just for adding a virtual Suica to Apple Pay, the easiest and recommended way. Download SuicaEng from the App Store and follow instructions on Apple Pay Suica Guide.
Mobile Suica and Suica App
Mobile Suica is the JR East Suica mobile phone and cloud service that launched in 2006 for Japanese feature phones, Japanese Android phones in 2011 and Apple Pay in October 2016.
Suica App greatly extends the functionality of Apple Pay Suica with access to the full range of Mobile Suica services and features. Accessing Mobile Suica requires registration of a free Mobile Suica account.
- Mobile Suica Registration: create a free Mobile Suica account
- Add Virtual Suica: add one or more Suica to Apple Pay Wallet
- Suica App Credit Card Registration: register a credit card in Suica App
- Suica Recharge with Suica App: remotely recharge Apple Watch Suica
- Shinkansen eTickets: Purchase eTickets for JR East Shinkansen lines
- Suica Commute Plan – Green Car Seats – Suica Auto-Charge: Add, change or renew Suica Commute Plan, purchase Green Car Seats, setup Suica Auto-Charge (JR East View Card only)
- Support and Troubleshooting
Lastest version of Suica App, Apple Pay credit/debit card already in Wallet (home country issue cards work fine) are required, lastest iOS recommended
Suica App Menus and Mobile Suica Registration
To access Suica App menu functions you must have a Mobile Suica account. This section covers account registration and assumes you already have a Suica card in Apple Pay Wallet. When a Suica card loaded in Apple Pay Wallet, Suica App displays the home screen:
- [a] Mobile Suica Account Settings: this is for editing Mobile Suica account information, the smartphone number, login password, email address and Face ID/ Touch ID login settings.
- [b] Add Suica Card: the menu to add a virtual My Suica or Commuter Suica
- [c] Suica Recharge: recharge Suica on iPhone or remotely on Apple Watch
- [d] Ticket Purchase/Manage Suica: Purchase Shinkansen eTickets, Green Car Seats, Commute Plan and manage Suica card options
- [i] Card Information: displays your Suica card ID#, commute planID# and other card details
Caution: Mobile Suica registration requires basic Japanese language reading ability. Be careful to use full width roman (zenkaku) when entering English language names in Kanji name fields. If you plan to register a bank card later make sure the name matches the card. You risk locking your Mobile Suica account when name fields do not match the card name if you try to register in Suica App later on.
To create a Mobile Suica account tap Ticket Purchase/Manage Suica [d] and you are greeted with the Mobile Suica registration screen.
Past the initial agreement terms you are in the main Mobile Suica registration screen. It is one screen but the screen shot sections are separated out for clarity.
After successfully completing Mobile Suica account registration you can access and use all the menus of Suica App.
Add Virtual Suica
Notice: SuicaEng App is a simple and easy to use English version of Suica App for adding a virtual Suica to Apple Pay, it’s the easiest and recommended way. Download SuicaEng and follow instructions on Apple Pay Suica Guide
With a Mobile Suica account you can add ‘My Suica’ or ‘Suica Commuter’ cards to Wallet.
- Launch Suica App and follow numbered screenshots and captions below to create a new My Suica card, add an initial balance, and load it to Apple Pay Wallet. When adding Suica Commuter refer to the Commute Plan section below to set your commute route.
You now have a second Suica card in Wallet. See Apple Pay Suica Guide for other details or if you need to change the Express Transit Card.
Suica App Credit Card Registration
Caution: I strongly urge you not to register a credit card in Suica App unless you have a solid command of Japanese and are prepared to invest time on Japanese support lines if things go wrong. Suica App credit card registration is optional and not required for using Suica App. All Suica App purchases and Suica recharge can be made with just Apple Pay.
The Suica App Mobile Suica account accepts a large number of Japanese bank cards and pre-paid cards such as JCB Line Card, as well as bank cards issued outside of Japan. The Suica App credit card also bypasses the Apple Pay Wallet system and the Apple Pay Wallet Japan issue Visa card limitation. It gives you the most payment flexibility.
Suica App attaches the bank card to each Suica card. If you have multiple Suica cards, you can attach the same bank card to each one or a different bank card to each one. To attach a bank card to the Suica card, tap the Ticket Purchase•Manage Suica. Tap Change credit card information and enter the card number and expiration date.
Be careful that the card name matches the registered name of the Mobile Suica account. If the names don’t match you risk getting a 1240 error and a security lock on your Mobile Suica account. If you do run into problems contact your credit card company first, if there are no problems on their end use this online form to update your registration information with Mobile Suica or contact the Mobile Suica support line: 050-2016-5005 (Japanese language only). If your Mobile Suica account is security locked use the JR East Mobile Suica password reset online form.
Suica App lists seven eligible credit card brands: View Card, VISA, JCB, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club, JR Central EXPress Card. Another bonus if you are a LINE member is that Suica App works with JCB Pre-paid LINE cards you can purchase at any convenience store. Suica App works with internationally issued credit cards. If your credit card is not accepted check with your issuing bank.
Some Suica App functions only work with specific credit cards: Suica Auto-Charge and View Express/EX Reservation only work with JR East View cards.
Suica Recharge with Suica App
You can Suica Recharge in Suica App with just Apple Pay or the Suica App credit card. You can also remotely recharge a Suica on a paired Apple Watch, which is very convenient.
Ticket and Plan Purchase
Ticket Purchase/Manage Suica menu [d] is where most of the Suica App functionality resides. One important thing to remember with multiple Apple Pay Suica cards: all Ticket Purchase/Manage Suica items are attached to the specific Apple Pay Suica card displayed in the Home menu. Swipe to a different card to purchase tickets for or manage a different Suica card.
Shinkansen eTicket purchases can be made up to 30 days in advance and are limited to JR East Shinkansen lines. You can also purchase JR Central Tokaido Shinkansen (Tokyo=Osaka) or JR West Sanyo Shinkansen (Osaka=Fukuoka) via the EX Shinkansen eTickets menu but this requires a separate EX-Press Reservation membership and a JR East View credit card.
Non-Reserve Seat eTicket
To purchase a JR East Shinkansen Non-Reserve seat eTicket: tap Shinkansen eTicket in the Ticket Purchase menu, tap the Shinkansen line you want to ride, choose: Date, Time, Start and End stations, Non-Reserve Seat, Confirm and purchase with Apple Pay.
Reserve Seat eTicket
A Shinkansen reserve seat eTicket purchase is similar but has a few extra steps to choose the Shinkansen train and reserve seat. Tap Shinkansen eTicket in the Ticket Purchase menu and follow the screenshots:
With a Suica App Shinkansen eTicket purchase you directly board the Shinkansen with just Apple Pay Suica: download your eTicket purchase in Wallet or Suica App before going through the Shinkansen ticket gate. Here are 2 Japanese videos that show eTicket purchase, download and gate entrance:
Suica Commute Plan
Purchase a new Suica commute plan to attach to any Apple Pay Suica card you have in Wallet, renew a commute plan that already exists or has expired, or change the route of a current commute plan.
- Renew Commute Plan: the easiest way to renew Suica Commute Plan is in Wallet, the renewal window is 14 days before the expiration date
- Expired Commute Plan: If you miss the expiration date you must purchase a new commute plan in Suica App with a new start date. Choose ‘New Plan from Previous Route’
- Change Commute Plan: If you need to change the commute plan (station points, transfer points) renew the plan with Suica App during the 14 day renewal window before the expiration date
- Cancel and Refund Commute Plan: If you need to change or cancel your commute plan before the expiration, tap Refund and cancel the current plan (¥200 processing fee), get a refund, then create a new plan
- FREX/Suica Bus/Student Commute Plans: Suica App does not support purchases for FREX Shinkansen Commute Plans, Suica Bus Commute Plans or Student Commute Plans. Go here for details to purchase those commute plans for Apple Pay Suica use.
Purchase a Suica Commute Plan: tap Commute Plan in Ticket Purchase and follow the screenshot steps and captions below:
Green Car Seat
Green Car Seats are non reserve first class seats on regular trains with dedicated Green Cars or Green Seat sections. With Suica App you can purchase a Green Car Seat either before or after you get on the train for the same pre-boarding price. Make sure you have a good network connection when making a Green Car purchase. As with all Suica App purchases, you only purchase for your own individual Apple Pay Suica, no group purchases.
To purchase a Green Car Seat follow the screenshot instructions show below. Green Car Seat purchases can only be made for the current day. After the purchase find an empty Green Seat on the train with a red indicator above, tap it and it will turn green. Suica App will indicate your Green Car Seat purchase as used.
|Up to 50km||770円||570円||1030円||830円|
Suica Auto-Charge, Transaction History, Suica Pocket
The SF section covers Stored Fare functions including transactions and Suica Pocket. Transaction History lists all Suica recharges and SF use for transit and purchases up to the previous day, but not for the current day. Open Wallet to view Suica purchases and transit for the current day. If you delete a Suica card from Wallet all transaction history is erased from your device but you can access all Suica transaction history via the Mobile Suica web site. Online Transaction history lists online purchases.
Suica Pocket is a temporary holding area for SF e-money transferred from the Mobile Suica system. Suica Pocket is for receiving SF from Suica campaign cash-backs, refunds from Suica online purchases and free Suica recharges exchanged from JRE Points. The screen shots below show the process for receiving a free Suica Recharge exchanged from JRE Points.
The Manage Suica sections includes Suica card renaming and Auto-Charge (Auto-Reload). Auto-Charge limitations:
- Only JR East View cards can be set for Suica Auto-Charge
- Auto-Charge only works with JR East/PASMO rail network region transit gates. Transit outside of the JR East/PASMO region such as Nagoya or Osaka will not trigger Auto-Charge
- Store or vending machine purchases do not trigger Auto-Charge
Other Manage Suica menu functions include a ‘SF use after commute expiration’ option that stops automatic transit use of the SF balance when the Suica commute plan has expired and forces you to renew the commute plan. Other menu items include Notification Sounds for low SF balance and soon to expire Commute Plan, and View EX Service membership setup for View Card holders.
Support and Troubleshooting
- The latest iOS and Suica App versions recommended
- Mobile Suica Cloud Maintenance: from 12:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. JST daily many Apple Pay Suica and Suica App functionalities aren’t available, this includes adding cards, Apple Pay and Suica App Recharge, and suspending and removing cards from Find My iPhone and iCloud.com.
- Apple Pay cards are linked to your Apple ID. If you sign out of iCloud your Apple Pay Suica card is stored on Mobile Suica cloud, see Migrate Suica to a new iPhone below to restore Suica. If you sign into iCloud with a different Apple ID than the one used to add Suica, you cannot access Suica. You must sign in with the same Apple ID.
Mobile Suica Support
Mobile Suica Support Online Support Information (English)