Add Suica • PASMO directly in Wallet without Suica App or PASMO App.
Mobile Suica is the JR East Suica mobile phone and cloud service that launched in 2006 for Japanese feature phones, Japanese Android phones in 2011 and Apple Pay in 2016. Mobile PASMO and Apple Pay PASMO launched in 2020. Suica App and PASMO App are iOS apps for accessing the full range of Mobile Suica • Mobile PASMO cloud services.
Suica App has 4 basic functions: (1) JR East rail commute plan purchase, expired commute plan renewal, (2) Green Car Seat upgrades, (3) Auto-Charge setup, (4) Suica Recharge and Green Seat upgrades from JRE POINT
PASMO App has 2 basic functions: (1) PASMO rail and bus commute plan purchase and expired commute plan renewal, (2) Auto-Charge setup.
- Registration (Suica and PASMO): Create a free account
- Commute Plan (Suica and PASMO): Commute Plan purchase and expired Commute Plan renewal
- Green Car Upgrades (Suica only): purchase a Green Car seat upgrade for Suica
- Credit Card Registration and Auto-Charge (Suica and PASMO): Register a credit card and set Auto-Charge for Suica with a JR East View Card or for PASMO with a PASMO Auto-Charge compatible card
- Support and Troubleshooting
Account registration and basic menus
To access all Suica App•PASMO App menu functions you must register an account if you do not have one.
Before registering it helps to have name and address information prepared in copy/paste Japanese format. Last name, first name needs to be all caps in full roman width and katakana versions, address information in Japanese format. To register an account tap Purchase/Manage [d] and you are greeted with a registration screen prompt.
Past the initial agreement terms you are in the main registration screen. The screens below are for Suica App. Account registration is basically the same but simplified in PASMO App.
After successfully completing account registration you can access and use all the menus of Suica App or PASMO App.
- [a] Account Settings: edit account information: iPhone mobile number, login password, email address and Face ID/ Touch ID login settings. In PASMO App you also register credit card information in Account Settings
- [b] Add Card: add Suica•PASMO directly in Wallet without Suica App or PASMO App
- [c] Recharge: recharge Suica•PASMO on iPhone or remotely on Apple Watch
- [d] Purchase/Manage: purchase a Commute Plan for a Suica•PASMO card already in Wallet, purchase a Green Car Seat upgrade for Suica, register a credit card for Suica•PASMO Auto-Charge setup
- [i] Information: tap card or ‘i‘ for card ID#, commute plan ID# and other card details
Suica and PASMO card info and ID systems are slightly different. A Mobile Suica card ID is tied to the registered email address or your Apple ID mail address. If you update your mail address you must also update your Suica card ID using a one-time generated confirmation code. If the Suica ID changes you need to update a linked JRE POINT account. If Suica # changes you will need to update Eki-Net Shinkansen eTickets and smartEX/EX-Press Shinkansen eTickets linked Suica # information.
Commute Plans • Green Car Seat Upgrades
The Purchase/Manage menu [d] is where the core functionality of Suica App and PASMO App resides. One important thing to remember if you have multiple Apple Pay Suica•PASMO Wallet cards: all Purchase/Manage items (Commute Plans, credit card registration, etc.) are attached to the selected card only. Select a different card to purchase commute plans, or manage options for that card.
Commute Plan Basics
See the Apple PAY Suica • PASMO Commute Plan Guide for in depth purchase and renewal details. The basic difference between Suica and PASMO commute plans are: (1) Suica App Commute Plans only cover JR East train lines or JR East + PASMO lines, (2) PASMO App Commute Plans covers PASMO only train and bus lines or PASMO + JR East train lines and PASMO only train + bus combo commute plans.
- New Commute Plan: Purchase a new Commute Plan for any Apple Pay Suica•PASMO card in Wallet.
- Renew Commute Plan: renew the Suica•PASMO Commute Plan directly in Wallet, the renewal window is 14 days before the expiration date.
- Renew Expired Commute Plan: If you miss the expiration date purchase a new commute plan using the previous route with a new start date.
- Change Commute Plan: If you need to change the commute plan (station points, transfer points) before the expiration, refund and cancel the current plan, then create a new plan.
- Cancel and Refund Commute Plan: Cancel and refund the current plan based on remaining validity and ¥200 processing fee.
SF use after commute plan expiration option: After a commute plan purchase you are presented with a commute plan expiration option. Select Use or Don’t Use:
- Use SF: Suica • PASMO works normally but if you forget to renew your commute plan you may end up using the more expensive SF fare on your commute plan route without realizing it.
- Don’t Use SF: Apple Pay Suica • PASMO SF transit stops working when your commute plan expires, forcing you to renew the commute plan.
Choose the option you want to use and tap done in the upper right.
Green Car Seat Upgrade (Suica only)
Green Car Seat Upgrades are non reserve first class seats on regular trains with dedicated Green Cars or Green Seat sections. With Suica App you can purchase a Green Car Upgrade either before or after you get on the train for the same pre-boarding price. Make sure you have a good network connection when making a Green Car Upgrade. As with all Suica App purchases, you only purchase for your own individual Apple Pay Suica, there are no group purchases.
To purchase a Green Car Seat Upgrade follow the screenshot instructions below. You can also use JRE POINT for Green Seat purchases. Upgrades can only be made for the current day. After the purchase find an empty Green Car seat on the train with a red indicator on the ceiling above, tap your Apple Pay Suica to the Suica logo, the indicator light will turn green. Suica App will show your Green Car Upgrade as used.
|Green Seat Upgrade Prices||Mobile Suica||Mobile Suica|
|Up to 50km||¥780||¥580|
Suica • PASMO Management
Some Management functions only work with JR East View credit cards or certain PASMO credit cards:
Auto-Charge (Suica and PASMO) automatic recharge when the SF balance drops to a user set recharge trigger amount.
View EX-Press (Suica only) registers the JR East View credit card for JR Central EX app system EX-Press Shinkansen eTicket purchases. See the Apple Pay Suica EX guide for details.
Credit Card Registration
Registering a credit card in Suica App • PASMO App expands recharge options and also adds Auto-Charge if you have the right Auto-Charge compatible credit card. Suica • PASMO App registered credit cards work separately from Apple Pay and offer maximum flexibility with Japanese issue Visa cards that do not support Apple Pay In-App purchasing and recharge.
- Suica App and PASMO App credit card registration is limited to Japanese issue cards.
- For PASMO App you must also have a 3D Secure compatible credit card with a 3D Secure ID and password setup with the card issuer to register a credit card.
- You do not need to register a credit card in Suica App • PASMO App for commute plans and other In-app purchases. In-app purchases be made with Apple Pay Wallet payment cards issued in your home country.
- In Suica App:
Tap Purchase•Manage > Tap Change credit card info and enter the card number and expiration date with the camera or manually > the next step is the 3D Secure authorization. Suica App credit card registration is not global and attaches to a single Suica card. If you have multiple Suica Wallet cards register the same credit card to each one or a different credit card. Suica App supported Japanese issue brands: View Card, VISA, JCB, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, JR Central EXPress Card.
- In PASMO App:
Tap Account Settings > tap Credit Card Info and enter the card number and expiration date > the next step is the 3D Secure authorization login, different for each card issuer brand (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, JCB). You can register up to 2 credit cards. PASMO App credit card registration is global and applies to multiple PASMO cards in Wallet. PASMO App supported Japanese issue brands: VISA, JCB, Mastercard, American Express.
For Japanese issue Visa card holders registering Visa in Suica App • PASMO App works around the Visa Japan Apple Pay Suica Recharge limitation in Wallet.
If you have an Auto-Charge eligible Japanese issue credit card, you can set it to auto-charge your Suica or PASMO card.
Suica App: tap Auto-Charge Setup and enter the Suica balance trigger amount and Auto-Charge amount.
PASMO App: tap Auto-Charge Setup and enter the trigger amount and Auto-Recharge amount.
- Auto-Charge only triggers on JR East Suica and PASMO fare region transit gates. Transit gates outside of the JR East Suica and PASMO fare regions such as Nagoya or Osaka do not trigger Auto-Charge.
- Store or vending machine purchases do not trigger Auto-Charge
Recharge in Suica App • PASMO App
After credit card registration you can Recharge in Suica•PASMO App with Apple Pay or the App registered card. You can also remotely recharge a Suica•PASMO on a paired Apple Watch, which is very convenient. The Suica screenshots below are the same for PASMO App.
Suica Pocket (Suica only) and Transaction History (Suica•PASMO)
The SF section covers Stored Fare functions including transactions and Suica Pocket. Transaction History lists all Suica recharges and SF use for transit and purchases up to the previous day, but not for the current day. Open Wallet to view Suica purchases and transit for the current day. If you delete a Suica card from Wallet all transaction history is erased from your device but you can access all Suica transaction history via the Mobile Suica web site. Online Transaction history lists online purchases.
Suica Pocket is a temporary holding cache for receiving JRE POINT recharges and e-money transferred from the Mobile Suica system. Suica Pocket receives SF from Suica campaign cash-backs, refunds from Suica online purchases and free Suica recharges exchanged from JRE Points. The screen shots below show the process for receiving a free Suica Recharge exchanged from JRE POINT.
View EX/Express Reserve Shinkansen eTickets (Suica only)
This option registers Apple Pay Suica to the JR Central EX system for Express Reservation membership which costs ¥1,080 a year. With this option activated you can use Apple Pay Suica for eTicket travel on the JR Central/JR West Tokaido and Sanyo Shinkansen. See Apple Pay Suica EX Quick Guide for registration and eTicket purchase details.
SF use after commute plan expiration /Notification Sound (Suica•PASMO)/Touch and Go Shinkansen (Suica)
Other Manage menu functions include a Commute Plan Expiration Option that stops automatic use of the SF balance on your commute plan route when the commute plan has expired, and forces you to renew the commute plan to use Suica again for transit.
You can also use notification sounds: (1) commute plan expiration notification is a special longer 2 beep sound that emits from the transit gate, not your iPhone or Apple Watch, from 14 days before expiration, (2) low SF sound is a special 3 beep sound that emits from both transit gates and store readers. These are handy audio reminders and recommend using this notification setting. Suica users can also use Touch and Go for ticketless JR East Shinkansen line transit with Apple Pay Suica.
Support and Troubleshooting
- The latest iOS and Suica App versions recommended
- Mobile Suica and Mobile PASMO Cloud Maintenance: from 2 am to 4 am JST many Apple Pay Suica•PASMO and App functionalities aren’t available, this includes adding cards, Apple Pay Recharge, and suspending and removing cards from Find My iPhone and iCloud.com.
- Apple Pay cards are linked to your Apple ID. If you sign out of iCloud your Apple Pay Suica card is stored on Mobile Suica or Mobile PASMO cloud, see Migrate Suica•PASMO to a new iPhone below to restore Suica•PASMO. If you sign into iCloud with a different Apple ID than the one used to add Suica•PASMO, you cannot access them. You must sign in with the same Apple ID.
JR East Support
JR East Suica Intro page (English)
JR East Apple Pay Suica Support (English)
JR East Apple Pay Suica Guide (PDF) (Japanese)
PASMO Support (English)
Set up a Suica or PASMO card in Apple Pay
Using Suica or PASMO in Japan
If you can’t transfer Suica or PASMO cards to your iPhone or Apple Watch
Information & Troubleshooting
Basic Suica•PASMO Troubleshooting
Transfer/Recover/Remove Suica • PASMO
Transfer Suica•PASMO to a new iPhone or Apple Watch
Recover Apple Pay Suica•PASMO from Lost or Wiped iPhone
Remove Suica•PASMO from Wallet but not lose Suica•PASMO
Suica • PASMO Commute Plan Renewal or Purchase
Apple Pay Suica•PASMO Commute Plan Guide
Suica • PASMO Notifications and Sounds
Suica•PASMO Notification and Reminder Settings
Suica•PASMO Gate Sounds and What They Mean
Unlocking Suica App Security Lock
Apple Pay Suica Paper Receipts
Suica Withdrawal Refund
iPhone X NFC Problem Q&A Exchange Guide
Fixing the Suica Lockout
Apple Pay Suica Battery FUD
Suica Inbound Battery Strategies
No Foreign Transaction Fee Apple Pay Suica•PASMO
Mizuho Suica for Apple Pay
Apple Pay Express Transit with power reserve
Apple Pay Express Transit Tips